Dr. Wertkin is pleased to serve as your Naturopathic Medicine Specialist,
Therapeutic Evaluations Include:
- Physical Exams
- Gynecological Exams
- Spinal and structural Evaluation
- Autonomic Response Testing (A.R.T.) A.R.T is a method of muscle testing developed by Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD.
- Laboratory Assessments Includes:
- Standard blood work and imaging
- Infectious disease screening
- Specialty tests may include:
- Nutritional (Vitamin and Mineral) Analysis
- Digestive function and Food Sensitivity testing
- Comprehensive Hormone/Endocrine System Analysis
- Neurotransmitter testing
- Heavy Metal, Mold and other Environmental toxicity testing.
Many of the additional tests are not covered by insurance companies. Dr Wertkin will review with you which tests she thinks are the most appropriate and the out of pocket expense associated with the tests.
- Clinical Nutrition: This includes individualized dietary plans and nutritional supplements to treat many medical conditions or to assist with healthy weight management.
- Botanical Medicine: The use of plants or plant extracts for medicinal purposes.
- Homeopathy: Homeopathic remedies are very small doses of natural substances that can stimulate the body’s self healing response.
- Physical Medicine: Includes Naturopathic joint mobilization and Cranial therapies. This may also include the manual use of stretching, neuro-muscular reeducation, and therapeutic exercises.
- Detoxification: There are many methods for helping our bodies eliminate accrued toxins. Specific programs for detoxification are tailored to each individual patient ranging from intro to detox methods, 7-30 day cleanses and fasting methods.
- Hydrotherapy: In-office constitutional hydrotherapy treatments. Instruction for in-home hydrotherapy treatments. These methods can provide relaxation and immediate symptom relief from a variety of ailments through the thermodynamic properties of hot and cold water. Research has shown that the proper application can optimize overall health by stimulating the immune system and supporting detoxification pathways.
- Acupressure: One component of Traditional Chinese Medicine includes the insertion of gentle or deep pressure into specific points on the body to help restore balance. It can be a painless, relaxing, and effective treatment for a variety of conditions.
- Counseling: Counseling and stress management techniques may be useful for addressing the mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of one's physical health. Receiving this level of care with Dr Aviva is still not a substitute for psychotherapy or psychiatry.
- Prescription Medications: It is within the Maine scope of practice for ND's to prescribe bio-identical hormones and antibiotics. My practice has always been predominately limited to the use of none-prescription natural medicines by choice as I have found natural medicine to be very effective and safe when utilized correctly. Prescription medications can be essential at times in life saving instances or for significant symptom relief but when it comes to chronic disease one can not poison the body back to health.
Common Conditions Treated:
Health concerns can range from minor ailments to severe illnesses and everything in between. Because Dr Wertkin treats people and not just body parts she can help you with issues that fall into many categories such as:
- Constitutional: Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Autoimmune Disease, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Lyme and Tick-borne disease
- Psychiatric: Depression, Anxiety, Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD, ADHD) Insomnia
- Ears/Nose/Throat: Ear infections, Sinusitis, Allergies, Sore Throats, Chronic or Recurrent infections
- Cardiovascular: High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Angina, Atherosclerosis, Congestive Heart Failure, Palpitations
- Respiratory: Infections, Asthma, Allergies, Emphysema or COPD, Bronchitis, Pneumonia
- Immunological: Auto-Immune Thyroid, Celiac disease, Sjogrens, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Infectious diseases such as Lyme disease and co-infections
- Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, Constipation, Gas and Bloating, Abdominal pain, Ulcers, Heartburn (reflux or GERD), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Gallstones, Colitis, Crohn’s disease, Hemorrhoids, Yeast overgrowth, Hepatitis, Cirrhosis
- Musculoskeletal: Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Osteopenia, Low Back Pain, Neck Pain, Muscle spasms, Tendonitis, Bursitis, Plantar Fasciitis
- Dermatological: Acne, Boils, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rashes, Hives
- Neurological: Headaches, Migraines, Sciatica, Seizures, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinsons disease, Dementia, Tremors
- Men’s Health: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), Prostatitis, Erectile Dysfunction, Kidney Stones
- Women’s Health: Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Irregular Menses, Menopause, Vaginal Infections, Abnormal Pap Smears, Bladder Infections, Interstitial Cystitis, Endometriosis, Fibroids, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Infertility
- Children's Health: Well-Child visits, Autism, Ear Infections, Tonsillitis, Rashes, Vaccine alternatives, etc